Saturday, March 17, 2018

Mama's Day / The Way They Were


Today would be my mother's 86th birthday!

WOW!

Mama bid adieu to this side of Paradise 33 years ago!

THIRTY-THREE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've lived on this planet longer WITHOUT her than WITH her.

I was a mere 21 years blessed when she passed.

Daddy is gone, too, but I was lucky to have him for 45 years.

Juanita A. Montgomery and Charles A. Montgomery Sr

It makes my heart sing to imagine them hangin' out in Heaven as they did on Earth.

Mem'ries, light the corners of my mind.

Misty water-colored mem'ries

Of the way they were.

Happy Birthday, Mama!

I hope you and Daddy are eating some great food in celebration and having a great drink...

Or three! :)

3 comments:

  1. This post brought tears pouring forth. I lost my daddy (at 58) in 1999. That was hard enough, but despite having several health issues related to his tours in Vietnam, daddy was strong and passed quietly in his sleep. My mother, however, was diagnosed with cancer last January and was dead 9.5 months later. Her death was excruciatingly painful and only happened because of a doctor's negligence in not diagnosing her cancer. He claimed it was hemmroids.

    I'll be at peace some day, but when I read your post, it resonated with me because I'm hoping my mom and dad are really enjoying their reunion. Maybe they're even saying hi to your parents. In any event, I wanted to say hi and let you know I understand how hard it is when both your parents are gone. It's a loneliness that can't really be fixed, no matter how hard we try. The only choices we have are to make sure we remember their love and their lessons, and to tell God to hold our places at the table and let our parents know we love and miss them.

    I just found your blog by accident, but it was a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, I sincerely hope your memories of your parents bring a smile to your face always and forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I hope our parents are up in Heaven having a total BLAST!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! My mother’s birthday is also around the corner and she is moving to another city. I am very sad about it but this time I have planned to book one of the finest Los Angeles event venues for her birthday celebration. That will make her stay most probably.

    ReplyDelete