Friday, April 6, 2018

A Little Modern Technology

Jaimie Wilson, Carmen Carrera and Laith Ashley

I'm tellin' you, I could live to be a THOUSAND years old and NEVER cease to be amazed at the accomplishments of modern technology.

The three, beautiful people pictured above are currently living the lives they believe they should have lived since birth. They now identify as the people they believe they should have identified as since birth.

All three of them are transgender.

JAIMIE WILSON



Jaimie, 21, hails from Florida. He began his transition from female to male back in 2015. Deciding to live his life as he pleases has alienated him from former friends and family. It's interesting to me how so many folks only want to be a part of YOUR life as long as you do what THEY want you to do with YOUR life. Interesting.

Jaimie seems to be doing all right for himself these days. He's singing and modeling. Perhaps when his family sees how well he has adjusted as the male he was meant to be they'll come around. Figuratively. And literally.

CARMEN CARRERA


The general public was introduced to Carmen, 32, when she was a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race, Season 3, in 2012. At that time, she presented as male (Christopher Roman), but even then I could tell something was going on with her because she looked far more feminine than the other contestants. After the season was over, she announced she was transgender and going through the treatment associated with it.


Carmen lends her voice to the fight for transgender rights and has proven that living freely is the best revenge, because there are many, many, many people who don't approve of her life choices, but man, she STILL walked down the aisle and now has a handsome hubby and two, stepdaughters.

You go, girl!

LAITH ASHLEY [De La Cruz]


Laith, 28, is a singer, songwriter, dancer and model from New York. He began his transition from female to male in 2014. From the photo above (left image), I can see that even when he presented as female, he still looked hella masculine.

I began to take notice of Laith when he was making the media circuit regarding the transgender/public restroom debate. He comes off poised and well-spoken, so bravo to him.


When I was a kid, I knew absolutely nothing about transgender anything. I mean, not one, single person I knew ever mentioned feeling trapped in the wrong body. Hell, as far as I know, I never met anyone who felt that way until I was a senior in college. And even then, that individual never shared his situation with me.

Fast-forward to today and my college bud is now a PHENOMENAL WOMAN if ever I've met one. She's a writer, director, producer, activist and all-around HUMANITARIAN.


She's the incomparable ANDREA JAMES!!!!

I titled this post, "A Little Modern Technology," because with a LITTLE bit of that, and a LOT of INNER STRENGTH, there are trans men and women living their BEST lives, and making immeasurably great contributions to this world.

BRAVO to each and every one of 'em!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Laity Ashley never looked as masculine as a man when he was female. He didn’t even look remotely masculine. I’ve seen so many lesbians who looked just like him (before he transitioned, when she was female).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope all the folks are well. Physically, spiritually and psychologically.

      Delete
  2. Laity Ashley never looked as masculine as a man when he was female. He didn’t even look remotely masculine. I’ve seen so many lesbians who looked just like him (before he transitioned, when she was female).

    ReplyDelete