Sunday, July 15, 2018

All About You!


If I had to sum up social media in one word, that word would actually be a combination of TWO words:

SELF-PROMOTION!!!

Social media is a relentless barrage of SELF-PROMOTION.

Please look at my...

Dance performance!

Singing performance!

Theater performance!

Feature film performance!

Television performance!

Sporting performance!

Material possessions!

Vacation photos!

Fit body photos!

Attractive friends photos!

Meal photos!

Political beliefs!

The list goes on and on and on and on ad infinitum!

It has gotten to the point that when I come across folks' incessant self-promo ads, I just click forward to the next post.

To me, social media is one, giant television show. Its users entertain, enlighten and disgust each other in almost equal measure.

I'm fine with that.

But what I'm NOT fine with is an endless bombardment of self commercials!

So, self-promoters, you're on notice.

From this point forward, when I go onto my social media pages, I'm keepin' only ONE eye open.


'Cause this ol' dude has had just about enough of looking at YOU!

And YOU!

And YOU!

And YOU!

And...

Ad infinitum! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment