Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Sound Of Music


This weekend found me in the company of a couple of musical hotshots!


Friday night, I stopped by my favorite watering hole, El Tejano. While imbibing my beloved frozen margaritas, two of my drinking buddies spotted a young lady across the room, whom they recognized as a popular songwriter/recording artist.

JULIA MICHAELS is her name. She has written songs that were recorded by Justin Bieber, Fifth Harmony, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Gwen Stefani, and many others.

Admittedly, I only vaguely remembered her name because of her debut single as a recording artist, Issues, but after being given the full 411 on her, I walked over to her and her posse, introduced myself, offered a made-up story about my "daughter" being one of her biggest fans, then proceeded to pose for a photo with her as she recorded a video (addressed to my "daughter," of course). Haaaa!!!

My drinking mates were blown away that I just walked up to her and started talking, but heck, I've never met a stranger, so I can do that! Besides, she was very warm and inviting!

I wish her much, much, much continued success! She's TALENTED AF!


Okay, so last night, I attended a mini-concert, showcasing the musical styling of JARED GRIMBLE.


I met Jared a few years ago when he worked at the residence for the elderly where I volunteer. Back then, I thought he was a delightful, young fella. It's good to see he still is. And hella talented to boot.

He performed at a well-known spot here in L.A., Molly Malone's, that's known for showcasing up-and-coming artists. Guest artists who have appeared there include Michelle Shocked, Flogging Molly, Joan Osborne, Jeff Healey, Lucinda Williams and Lenny Kravitz to name just a few. So, my boy, Jared is well on his way!


His song list included a few covers and a few original works. I truly enjoyed his voice, energy and backing musicians. The man came to WIN!


In my next go-'round on this planet, I sure hope I come back as an incredible vocalist, piano and sax player! That would make my entire existence!!!!!

Until then, I'm gonna keep on LIVIN' and LOVIN'!!!

And drinkin' FROZEN MARGARITAS! :) :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment