Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chocolate-Covered Dreams

Since I've been in L.A., I've met a countless number of black actors, young and old, who want desperately to earn a living in tv and/or film.  And, the reality of the situation is, most probably never will.  I mean, the same holds true for white actors, too, but for blacks, it's even more dire.  I try to support black theater and films.  The king of both is, Tyler Perry.  I reckon most black folks will eventually have to pass through him at some point if he continues on his successful streak.  Even the black actors who are recognizable faces and names seem to be gravitating toward Tyler.  And, to some, that's a travesty, because they adamantly dislike his work.  What will become of all the beautiful, young black people who long to be the next Angelina Jolie and Tom Cruise, though?  I truly wonder.  I suppose 99.9% of 'em will settle down on a regular job and get on with their lives.  Whatever they do, I hope & pray they enjoy doin' it.  I truly do.  Because the one thing the world does NOT need is another adult who does NOT love what he does with the majority of his day for pay.  Bitter is what that person is.  And the world doesn't need more bitterness.  No, no, no!  I'd advise all black folks I know to hold fast to their dreams and keep on pushin' on.  One thing I know for sure is that the man and/or woman who gives up and gives in, will NEVER see his/her dreams materialize.  And that's a shame.  And most assuredly leads to BITTERNESS!  No, no, no!

No comments:

Post a Comment