Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sunday, May 9th, 2010

Last Sunday, Lena Horne passed.  I just came across an interview with her on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.  In it, she truly seemed to be one helluva woman!  When I hear about all the horrific injustices black men and women endured during her youth and young adulthood, I feel soooo thankful to be here now.  Yes, I realize that there is still a way to go in terms of equality for all, but things sure aren't like they used to be.  I wish I had quizzed Mama and Daddy more to find out what their lives were like as teens and in their twenties.  Truth be told, I don't really know much at all about their pasts.  Well, take a look at the Lena Horne interview that I'll always remember when I think of her.  God bless you, Ms. Horne.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment