Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dancin' In Heaven!

BERNIE BARKER was a character!  The ol' dude was once a nuclear, power plant worker and also worked a bit as an insurance salesman.  He grew tired of that kind of work.  So, at 60 yrs old, he took up erotic exotic dancing.  Yep!  You heard me right!  At 60 yrs old, this ol' dude started strippin' for the ladies!!!  He was so darn good he won over 40 contests; competing against hot, young studs young enough to be his grandkids!!!!  Guinness World Records recognized him in 2003 as as the world's oldest male stripper.  In 2007 he lost his fight with cancer.  What a life well-lived.  Goes to show that you're never too old to make a change!!!  Bernie, ol' pal, you certainly inspire me to keep pushin' forward with my own life changes.  AND...you've taught me the true meaning of a line from my most favorite poem by Rudyard Kipling (IF):

"...If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And–which is more–you’ll be a Man, my son!"

No comments:

Post a Comment