Monday, November 22, 2010

What Makes You Think...?

Yesterday, during church, I sat next to a young actor who is new to Los Angeles and new to the church.  In fact, yesterday was his first visit to the church.  Anyway, I asked him the question I ask of many, young, black actors who move here with visions of Academy Awards in their heads:  "What makes you think that you will be different from all the other black actors who are here and never find work?"  He said, "Wow, that's a good question."  Then, he proceeded to answer me off the fly.  Well, I hope he continues to keep his head up, his craft up, and pursue his dream with steely focus.  The fact that one, black person has made an incredible living as a Hollywood actor speaks to the possibility that ANOTHER can.  But it takes TIMING, PERSISTENCE and SOMEBODY with "juice" to LIKE you!!!  PERIOD!  I wish him the best!  Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce you to the talents of, CHARLES MACEO.

No comments:

Post a Comment