Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Moving Image

Yesterday, I was looking forward to attending The 42nd NAACP Image Awards.  However, life got in the way!  My friend, Ulrich, who was the reason I got an invitation in the first place, wasn't able to make it because the gig he had on All My Children ran longer than he anticipated.  The rule of thumb in show business is this:  if you have someplace to go after filming, the filming will always move more slowly than molasses.  And so it was today.  The consolation prize, though, was that we still made it to the after-party!  I saw all the performers pictured above (although none of the photos above are from the party)!  I don't take pics at parties with celebrities.  I only take them with the people I know and who know me! Anyway, I had a blast.  Free food and drink ALWAYS make me feel good.  I'm happy for all the winners and nominees and all those who will be in years to come.  --- I sort of got reacquainted with an old acquaintance, too.  So, all in all, the night was cool.  Oh, one thing I learned from the evening, though, is that one of my dear friends is living a lie that really isn't a lie after all.  It's actually just unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment