Sunday, September 18, 2011

Coming Of Age

Over the past thirteen years I have worked only God knows how many Bar Mitzvahs.  Last night added another one to the roster.  It was as harmless as they always are.  And it was filled with power brokers in the entertainment industry as they always are!  I have to admit, though, I wonder what it feels like to be born into economic privilege.  I used to joke with my mother that I was truly the son of Bill Cosby, so I'd appreciate it if she'd give me back to him.  Of course, that was years and years before his only son was murdered on a dark & deserted, Los Angeles street.  Be careful what you wish for, right?  Anyway, when I drove away from the party last night, I popped CeCe Winans into the cd player and peacefully listened to her stellar voice sing lyrics that reaffirmed for me that I AM privileged...JUST...AS...I...AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment