Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's Our Anniversary

Today marks the 10th Anniversary of the tragic happenings of September 11, 2001.  The day the twin towers of New York City's World Trade Center were brought down.  The day America changed. --- I had been living here in Los Angeles a year and nine months.  A year and nine and a half months before that, I was living in Brooklyn, NY.  Timing truly is everything. --- Well, I received a call that morning that awakened me.  It was my sister, JOEY.  She was screaming on the phone that, "They're blowin' up your town!"  I immediately turned on the television and...was...SHOCKED!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I wound up watching news broadcasts all day.  And all afternoon.  To ease the heartache, I agreed to meet, Scott, at a movie theater so we could just watch a happy movie:  Mariah Carey's, GLITTER.  And, truth be told, we liked the movie.  But when we returned home, I went back to the television and watched the news broadcasts 'til I fell asleep.  --- God bless those who lost loved ones in the tragedy.  And God bless those of us who felt their pain.  And prayed for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment