Friday, January 6, 2012

Don't Believe The Hype


When I was a preteen and teenager, I was a hypochondriac to the Nth degree.  Every headache was the telltale symptom of a life-threatening tumor.  Every nosebleed signified major, blood loss.  My poor mother got so tired of hearing me go on & on about how I was near death.  Well, here I am thirty years after my teen years and I've discovered something that may not be life-threatening, but is still cause for concern.  I noticed blood in my stool two nights ago.  It was bright red which, according to the trusty internet, might indicate that there might be hemorrhoids or piles (I think they're the same), caused by constipation.  I know, T.M.I.  Being the man I am, I immediately called The Beverly Hills Cancer Center and left a message for an appointment for their free colon and prostate cancer screenings.  If I don't receive a callback sooner rather than later, I'll take a trip over to the center or to The Saban Free Clinic (where I usually go).  I hope and pray it's nothing serious, but I can't let it go unchecked because that's what Tammy Faye Bakker did and wound up dying from colon cancer.  --- I did indeed have an apple today, but I don't think that accounted for anything more than just having a tasty apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment