Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My New Love Affair

As a kid, I thought sardines were among the most disgusting foods you could eat.  Whenever I saw my father crack open a can of 'em, I wanted to run for the border!!  Well, fast-forward some thirty years and I eat them darn near daily.  Why, you ask?  Because all the reading I've done has taught me that my high cholesterol can be lowered with every bite of the not-so-pretty seafood.  What's even more interesting to me is that I actually like the way they taste.  It's gotten to the point that I eat them with almost everything.  I mix them in my pasta dishes.  I mix them with oatmeal.  I mix them with boiled, mashed sweet potatoes.  Almost everything.  And I like them.  I honestly like them!  I buy them packed in water only.  Then I add olive oil to them, a little garlic pepper salt and cayenne pepper.  And did I forget to mention that I like them????  

No comments:

Post a Comment