Sunday, August 5, 2012

He Likes It. Hey, Mikey!

Yesterday I finally got around to seeing the film, MAGIC MIKE.  No, it isn't going to be nominated for any Oscars for acting or storytelling.  And, you know what?  It doesn't need to be!  It was entertaining enough to delight an audience nonetheless!  Yes, there was eye candy for days if you're in to lean and muscularly defined male bodies!  I have to admit, though, I was a little taken aback that there wasn't ONE, non-white dancer or customer in the entire film, though!  But that's a different blog post!  The film was fine for what it was.

The gentleman who invited me to this screening told me he's gonna buy the Blu-ray disc of the film and download a song or two from its soundtrack.  Good for him.  Channing Tatum looked great and was really likable in his role.  Adam Rodriguez, from CSI:MIAMI, looked like a million bucks, too.  I hope to see him in more film roles over the years.  This was only the second time I've seen him on the big screen.  And, oh, Matthew McConaughey couldn't have asked for a better-suited role.  I mean, surely he just woke up in the mornings during filming, rolled out of bed, and improvised!  The dude has the sexy, beach bum character down to a science!!!!  All in all, I had a good time!!  But, yes, I still wish a hot, young brotha could've been added to the mix.  And I know just the hot, young black guy producers should call for MAGIC MIKE 2!!!!!
Jeantique Oriol

No comments:

Post a Comment