Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory

It's Saturday night and I'm sittin' here in my apartment, trying my best to make moves to get me OUT of this apartment.  What I mean is, I'm here recording voice-over copy for two auditions.  I've completed one and turned it in an hour or so ago.  I've got one more to record and turn in by the end of tomorrow.  This second one directs me to speak in a similar manner to Martin Luther King, Tom Waits or Kevin Young.  I'm not sure who Kevin Young is.  I've googled him and can only come up with a christian singer.  I'll aim for Martin Luther King Jr.

I went to YouTube to listen to MLK Jr and found myself listening over and over again to the video below.  What an orator!  And boy oh boy did he speak the gospel truth!  The man's legacy is as powerful today as his presence on earth was.   Maybe even greater.  Like him, I don't concern myself with my life's longevity.  I simply want my days on this planet to be as peaceful as they can be.  And I want to be instrumental in making others smile as often as I can.  I am not the superlative form of anything I am, say or do; however, if I've touched even one life and made the person feel good about being alive, I'm happy with that.

I am not the 22-yr-old, college graduate who saw endless, life possibilities ahead of him.  I am a 48-yr-old, college graduate who realizes that as long as I have breath in my body, I can make strides toward achieving whatever it is I desire.  One, small step at a time.  Yes, indeed, mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.  And my truth is marching on!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment