Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Girl Of My Dreams

My most favorite, television show of ALL-TIME was, ROSEANNE.  Oh, how I loved her and the entire, fictitious, Conner clan!!!!!  Comedy Central is broadcasting a celebrity roast of her next Sunday.  I tried to get free tkts to be in the audience, but no such luck.  I don't have cable, but I'm gonna find a way to watch the darn show!!!  I just know everybody will be a hoot!

I loved ROSEANNE so much because the characters were people I could know.  Heck, they were people I DID know!  With me, I enjoy theater, films & tv when the project is about people I could know.  When special effects are what sells the thing, I'm 100% disinterested!  I reckon some folks could argue that I shouldn't have loved the film, BABE, as much as I did since special effects were all over the film.  Well, that's true, but the animals talked like humans and behaved as humans so, once I suspended the disbelief that they weren't humans, it was all good!  That film is one of my favorites, by the way!

Over the years, Roseanne Barr has seen her share of ups and downs.  Fame and fortune weren't always the best thing that could've happened to her.  However, at 59, she's bounced back and seems to be living a terrific life!  I wish her the best.  She has brought me many a smile over the years!!!!  I might as well face the fact:  CAM Jr loves him some "poor, white trash."  Just LOVE 'em!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment