Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Everything Old Is New Again

IRIS APFEL

Facebook is a godsend.  There, I come across some of the most interesting videos and photographs.  Today was no exception; for today, I was introduced to the gorgeous and impeccably dressed nonagenerian, IRIS APFEL.  Oh, what a dame!!  I love everything about her from her stylish shoes to her "you can never wear too many accessories" wardrobe!  FABBBBBULOUS!

I suppose my volunteer work with the elderly has given me a greater love & respect for them that I never knew existed until I stepped foot into the senior residence.  I would give an eye and a leg to have someone in the residence like Iris.  However, Iris lives in her own house.  Her vibrant energy and continued thirst for life has kept her up and running when many her age have practically thrown in the towel altogether.  God bless this woman.  And God has blessed ME by introducing me to her!!!!

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times:  WHAT A DAME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment