Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Am That I Am That I Am


Leland B. Martin

I just received word today that my latest short film script has been accepted to be produced for a terrific web series titled, FRONT SEAT CHRONICLES.  When I read the creator/director's Facebook message to me, saying he liked the script, I have to admit, my heart skipped a beat.  Or two.  Or three.  It always makes a writer, or any artist who creates something, feel like a million bucks when his work is appreciated.  Truth be told, I want to submit this piece to film festivals and feel what it's like to be on the other end of the festivals instead of solely the moderator of the screenings.  I think I'd like that.  Well, we'll see.  I sent an e-mail to actor, Leland B. Martin, telling him that he's the person I had in mind to portray the male role.  It'll be interesting to see what he has to say about the script.  Hey, an artist has to accept that his work ain't for everybody.  Luckily for me, if he doesn't care to perform the role, there are only hundreds (actually thousands) of young cats in this town who could.  But, dangit, I want HIM!

I give gratitude to GOD for giving me the gifts of story and character.  I like stories about real people.  People I can know.  People I can learn from.  People I can love.  And people I can learn to love.  I'm looking forward to what will become of my script.  And I'm looking forward to completing the one I'm currently writing.  It's my goal this month to write a new short film script every week throughout October and November.  That will give me eight new scripts by the end of the year.  Now, that's sayin' somethin'!  I intend to write each script with someone I already know, or have previously met, in mind to portray one of the lead characters.

So let it be WRITTEN.  So let it be DONE!

UPDATE:  I've heard back from Leland about his thoughts on the script.  His exact words were:  "This particular role isn't for me."  I won't lie.  My first thought was to inquire why he wasn't feeling the material, but I feel pretty confident I know why.  Yes, it disappoints me, but, hey, I've already found another youngun to portray the role.  So, "Alexander #2", let's see what you can do!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment