Monday, January 27, 2014

LOVE is LOVE


Quincy LeNear & Deondray Gossett

Jamal Sims & Octavius Terry

Last night, The Grammys broadcast did something that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!  Truth be told, it made me feel that the inhabitants of this world CAN display the COMPASSION I know we ALL have within!  Yes, for some, we have to dig deep to get to it, but last night, I saw it.  I FELT it!  And it felt GOOOOOOOD!!!

Hip-hop artists Macklemore & Ryan Lewis performed their hit, SAME LOVE, and immediately afterward, Queen Latifah served as a pastor-of-sorts and married 33 couples.  Couples who were straight AND gay.  WOW!

On Facebook, I follow two of the gay couples who were married.  I also support their professional endeavors.  The couples were filmmakers Quincy LeNear & Deondray Gossett of THE DL CHRONICLES fame and world-renowned choreographer, Jamal Sims, and his clothing designer hubby, Octavius Terry.  Luckily for all those who care about the couples, The Grammys director showed both couples during the broadcast!!!  Yippee!

Honestly, seeing the fellas be married right there on a national broadcast made me realize that 2014 is NO JOKE!  This is the year to do it BIG or go HOME!  Both couples are hard-working people who seem to want the best for themselves and for others.  So, I say, CONGRATULATIONS, fellas!!!  BRAVO to you for deciding to make a true COMMITMENT to each other!  Heck, if THEY can do it, so can I!

It looks like ol' CAM Jr had better make himself available for love!  'Cause this single business is [FOWL]!!!   Oops, I mean, for the BIRDS!  Haaa!

May God bless both couples FOREVER...AND...A...DAY!  :)

***UPDATE on 4/23/2020 - Jamal and Octavius have ended their union, but Quincy and Deondray are still holding on!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment