Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wake Me Up

Aloe Blacc

Aloe Blacc and Avicii

I don't know HOW all the popular songs of today get by me, but they do.  Lorde's ROYALS had been a hit for damn near six months by the time I knew it existed.  Well, today is yet ANOTHER new discovery to ME but has been around for everybody else for months!!  It's the song, "WAKE ME UP," as credited to a Swedish DJ named, AVICII.

Turns out the song was written and sung by ALOE BLACC.  However, this Avicii character is a famous DJ, so he gets all the public credit for the song.  All I know is I love the lyrics and I love the sound of Aloe's voice as he sings those lyrics.  Honestly, some of the words in that song truly speak to my life.

"All this time I was finding myself and I didn't know I was lost." -- Aloe Blacc

Oh, that lyric moves me BEYOND description!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment