Sunday, June 29, 2014

Empty Canvas


Life, as I see it, starts off as an empty canvas.  For all intents and purposes, each of us is able to paint onto our canvas whatever we choose.  We can paint HAPPINESS.  PROSPERITY.  FORGIVENESS.  DESPAIR.  ENVY.  JOY.  Whatever we choose.  

I am 50 years old and have NEVER felt embraced by PROFESSIONAL FULFILLMENT.  Not once.  However, I TRULY and WHOLLY BELIEVE I can paint my canvas to reflect JOY and EXHILARATION and GRATITUDE despite a lack of professional fulfillment.  Hell, I can even REDEFINE my idea of professional fulfillment.  The choice is SOLELY mine to make.

So, here it is 12:04 AM on Sunday morning, June 29th, 2014.  And I, CHARLES ANDREW MONTGOMERY JR, alias CAM MONTGOMERY JR, choose to be THANKFUL for being the man I am.  Choose to FORGIVE MYSELF for sometimes feeling LESS THAN in the presence of those I deem "professionally fulfilled."  'Cause truth be told, I can only TRULY know what I feel about ME.  I can NEVER truly know what another feels about him/herself.  

Whether the world "knows" me or not, I AM WORTHY of ALL the LOVE, RESPECT and ADMIRATION human beings have to offer.  I AM WORTHY.

It has taken me a "minute" to figure it out, but TODAY, I FULLY accept that I can paint my life's canvas to look ANY way I choose.  And I choose to paint it to reflect the REAL me:  KIND, GIVING, SENSITIVE, TALENTED, COMPASSIONATE, EMPATHETIC and PRESENT.

I pray for everyone and every thing!!!

Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment