Thursday, April 2, 2015

I'll Never Walk Alone

Oprah Winfrey in Kula-Maui, Hawaii

Here I am a glorious 51 years old.  Glorious.

How did I get here?  I'll tell you how.  By not abusing drugs.  Or alcohol.  Or people.

Sometimes I say my age out loud and can't believe I'm talkin' about myself.  Who's 51?  Certainly not ME!  I mean, I feel like I've always felt.

Or do I?

Truth be told, when I kneel down to pick sweet potatoes from their bin at Trader Joe's, I feel discomfort.  I didn't feel discomfort while kneeling just a few years ago.  But I sure as heck do now.  That's 51 for you.

Nowadays,  more often than I care to admit, I wanna take a nap.  I didn't care for them when I was a kid when sundry babysitters instructed me to.  But now, at 51, I welcome them.  Heck, I look forward to 'em!

My 51-year-old life is what I've made it.  And I accept responsibility for that.

My 51-year-old life is mine to shape however I choose.  And that makes me feel soooooooooo THANKFUL.  And soooooooo HOPEFUL.

It's good to know I surround myself with people who make me feel good about being alive.  So, whether I'm in the midst of a hundred people, or by myself...

I will never walk alone.

Absolutely never.

No comments:

Post a Comment