Monday, June 5, 2017

Park Gang


Since I work out at a few, local parks (North Hollywood Park pictured above), I notice that any number of fellas do the same thing.

What I like most is that everybody helps everybody.  I mean, if someone doesn't know how to do a muscle-up, someone who does happily demonstrates how to do it.


Mike, 27, "Mr. Blond Ambition," was there the other day, killing time until he had to train a client at a nearby gym.  Unlike me, he does both gym and outdoor workouts.  Straight outta Idaho, Mike plans to take over Hollywood in film and television.


Another great dude, David, 44, stopped by the other day and worked on some gymnastic moves.  I think it's great that at damn near 50 he's learning gymnast routines.  Age is truly nothin' but a number.


The allure of bright lights brought 19-year-old Grant out to L.A. from Oklahoma to make a name for himself as a singer/songwriter.  It'll be interesting to see how he fares in a city teeming with only a million, other singer/songwriters!


Tony, 26, all the way from Australia, is going to have to return down under in just a bit because his Student Visa has run its course.  He has been here in L.A. for two years.  He thought he was gonna make a real go out of Jiu Jitsu, but that hasn't quite panned out.  I wish him well.


Sebastian, 26, hails from Poland.  This kid truly lives his life to the fullest!  At one point, he just upped and moved to Australia.  Thought he'd be there for a few months, but wound up being there for dang near four years.  Now, he's here in America.  And based upon my gut instinct, I predict the kid is gonna be a STAR!  He's got one hell of an incredible personality!


Sgt. Josh, 32, is from Arizona, and is enjoying his first visit to La La Land.  He joined me on my trek up to The Observatory in Griffith Park.  Getting to know him has been challenging and rewarding at the same time.  I'm always amazed when I meet people who initially resist my full-on energy.  Just makes me love on 'em even more.  And I never fear that they'll resist me forever, 'cause I know that sooner or later, EVERYBODY responds favorably to LOVE!  My intention is to be a BLESSING to the army man.  I sure him well!!!!!


Adrian, 32, is a California native and is quite the singer/songwriter.  His cover of The Weeknd's "I Feel It Coming" sounds pretty dang good to me!  I wish him the very best!


Dennis, 46, is of Jamaican descent, from Queens, NY.  The dude mixes calisthenics training with weights.  And as you can see, the result is quite eye-catching!  I like talking to him.  He's pretty dang spirited when he expresses his opinions.


Victoriano ("Victor"), 40-something, is determined to record himself skateboarding via drone.  He surfs, too, so the electric skateboard allows him to mimic his surfing moves.  Of Filipino descent, he sure seems to be one of those folks who sets a goal and does whatever it takes to smash it!  God bless him!


Eugene, 35, is here from Ukraine.  He left behind his beautiful wife and three children, so he can make a new life for them here in the U.S.  His English is coming along, but I have to speak slowly to him.  And, from time to time, he runs to his phone to look up the English translation of a Russian word.  Damn nice dude.


Lastly, Raul, 24, is determined to whip himself back into his usual, fighting shape.  He primarily works out at home, but from time to time, he comes out to the park.  This particular day, the turkey was at the park knockin' off a community service obligation (thus the plastic gloves).  Gotta follow the rules of the road, folks!  Lol!


For me, I couldn't imagine working out anywhere other than outdoors.  I truly love being out in the sunshine.  In fact, when it's an overcast day, I don't feel like working out at all.

Gimme sun...or...gimme ice cream, a comfy couch and a television!    

No comments:

Post a Comment