Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Been A Minute...

It's been a minute since I've been in a situation in which a white woman has appeared deathly afraid to be in my presence.  Back in NYC, I used to find myself in that predicament all the time.  Once, I distinctly recall walking down the street behind a middle-aged, white woman.  We obviously were walking in the same direction.  After a couple blocks, she ducked into a building.  I just knew she didn't want to go into the building, but wanted to make sure I wasn't walking behind her.  I walked a little past the entrance of the building and stopped.  Sure enough, in a matter of moments, she peeked her head around the corner and there I was, looking at her and WAVING!  Haaa!  Wonder how she spinned that story by the time she arrived home!  Whatever.  Life's too short to be afraid of EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY!

No comments:

Post a Comment