Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sir, May I Have Another?





Over the past twelve years, off and on, I have worked as a cater-waiter.  That's a waiter who works for a catering service.  

No, I've never done the restaurant waiter thing, but that's because I don't think I'd remember what dish went to whom.  However, the cater-waiter thing I've done even when I had "regular" jobs.  

The gigs have taken me into some of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen (e.g., Denzel Washington's house, Michael Eisner's house, Eli Broad's house, etc.).  

They've introduced me to some of the richest, most famous and interesting people on this planet (e.g., Bill Clinton, Steven Spielberg, George H. W. Bush, etc.).  

And they have more than paid a bill or two. Suffice it to say that when I finally move on to an endeavor that pays me handsomely and fulfills my truest professional desires, I'll look back on cater-waitering with a smile.  

'Cause, in all honesty, it hasn't been too bad.  

Not too bad at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment