Saturday, February 18, 2012

Heaven, CAM Jr Here. "The Voice" Has Landed.

Today was Whitney Houston's funeral.  It was streamed live over the internet and on various, television networks.  I wasn't able to see it real-time as I was en route to a gig!  Luckily for me, though, it's being rebroadcast all day on People.com.  Thus, I'm watching it as I type.  Thus far, it's a beautiful ceremony.  I've already read that it was four hours plus.  I can clearly see that the musical performances were out of this world!  Donnie McClurkin.  Kim Burrell.  Alicia Keys.  Stevie Wonder.  Marvin Winans.  BeBe Winans.  Carvin Winans.  And the love of my life, CeCe Winans.

Although I'm sure Whitney's family, friends and fans wish she was still here, I won't be selfish and, instead, give gratitude to God for ending her pain.  She obviously wasn't strong enough to shake that monkey off her back.  May her soul finally know peace.  I loved her voice when it was at its peak.  And I always will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment