Monday, March 5, 2012

By A Nose

Since January of this year, I've been experiencing nosebleeds.  And, honestly, they just pop up out of nowhere!  Prior to January, I couldn't for the life of me tell you when I last had a nosebleed.  I'm sure I must have had one in my past, but it's been sooo long ago that I don't recall.  Anyway, I'm 100% convinced that the cause of these darn inconveniences are the low dosage aspirin I take every day to keep my blood thin so it doesn't clot in my arteries.  I'm tellin' you, since the blood is so thin, getting it to clot in my nose is a chore.  In fact, each time I've had recent nosebleeds, I spat the clot up.  It never formed in my nose. --- Last night's nosebleed was the absolute worst of the three or four I've had this year.  The absolute WORST!  It began at 12:30 AM or so, but I didn't get it under control 'til well after 5 AM.  Ordinarily, physicians instruct you to go to an emergency room if the bleeding doesn't stop within 20 minutes.  I have no health insurance, so I diagnosed it myself.  Okay, that's not entirely true.  I did place a call to a doctor at the clinic I go to and she corroborated my belief that my low dosage aspirin are probably the cause of my woe!  My next doctor's appointment is on the 21st, so, until then, I'm going NOWHERE near the aspirin.  --- Just in case anyone out in internet land should suffer from a nosebleed anytime soon, THIS is how you stop it!

No comments:

Post a Comment