Friday, February 19, 2010

Hey, Sister! Go, Sister! Soul Sister!


I oftentimes talk about the fondness I harbor for my college days.  I truly enjoyed living in the fraternity house among all sorts of guys from different backgrounds, cultures, etc.  One of my Fraternity Brothers stands out now more than others.  I was a senior when he was a freshman.  My memory of him is that he was simply a sweet kid.  I was out of college for 15 yrs or so before I found out he had made a drastic change in his life.  He transitioned from male to female.  When she moved out to California, we met up for lunch.  I thought she looked beautiful.  And she sounded centered.  And completely comfortable in her own skin.  Qualities, mind you, that very few of my friends possess--whatever their sexual or gender identity.  Her activism for the rights of transgender men and women is tireless.  I applaud her for being so incredibly courageous.  

So, ANDREA JEAN JAMES, this ol' Fraternity Brother of yours tips his hat to you.  What you do for and mean to the LGBTQ community and all other people around the world is ADMIRABLE & IMMEASURABLY APPRECIATED!  I wish her the best and consider it an HONOR to call her my FRATERNITY SISTER!!!!  

Her website is HERE.

6 comments:

  1. I can only concur. Andrea is a treasure and the community she graces is so much richer because of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post Cam! Andrea is indeed a very important part of the global transsexual community. She and her many websites have offered so much to so many, including me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day long from now, they will be naming schools and parks and community centers after her :)

    September Meadows
    Yakima, WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to know how much Andrea means to you guys. She lives a loving life and is loved in return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A GREAT ALLI AND FRIEND, CHEERS TO THE BOTH OF YOU GUYS , CRISSY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting this! Ms. James is a model for us all. I am out at work as a MtF police officer and know how hard it is out there in the public eye.

    ReplyDelete