Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And That's Just The Way It Is


Facebook is turning out to be quite an interesting animal to me.  And the reason I say this is because I am finding on the site that people are truly just people.  No one is black.  No one is white.  No one is young.  No one is old.  No one is rich.  No one is poor.  People are simply what they are:  people.  I have "friended" people on the site who are old enough to be my PARENTS and young enough to be my CHILDREN.  And I talk to BOTH generations just the same.  Talking online and not actually looking at the person as you talk makes the person simply a person.  On Facebook I truly don't see age or religion or sexual preference or socio-economic background.  I just see the essence of the person through the words he/she types to me.  And you know what?  I wish it was this way in everyday life.  Each of us can learn from the other--regardless our age or other, meaningless differences.  'Cause truth be told, we're all ALIKE anyway.  At least, we are when it comes to what matters MOST in a human being's life.  Treat the next man/woman like he/she is SPECIAL and LOVE is all you get in return.  Eventually.  'Cause the wise man knows that eventually EVERYBODY responds to love.  Everybody!  So, MR. SHAWN ONYECHI, although you're young enough to be my son, I consider it an HONOR and a PLEASURE to be your Facebook friend.  And I give gratitude to GOD and HIS UNIVERSE for allowing me to recognize and embrace that AGE AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A NUMBER

"The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old." Proverbs 20:29

No comments:

Post a Comment