Friday, March 19, 2010

Be Prepared

A scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, reverent and apparently in grave peril!!  Allegedly, the big muckity mucks over at Boy Scouts Of America, Inc. knew about widespread sexual abuse in local chapters and did NOTHING!  Read about it HERE! -- I have to say that throughout all my years in scouting I neither saw nor heard of anything of the kind in my troop.  On one occasion at a scout camp, though, two unknown leaders were physically abusive and when my regular, scout leaders found out about it, they called the accused and had us all meet together to discuss it.  I will ALWAYS have nothing but great respect and admiration for our Scoutmaster, Mr. Campbell and Asst. Scoutmaster, Mr. Bruce!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment