Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Oops!


So, earlier today, I received a text from a friend who told me that another friend's mom had just died.

When I read the text, I thought I knew precisely what friend he was talking about, so I immediately googled the sympathy message above and texted it to that friend, along with this message:

"I wish you and your family the very best!!!!!"

Well, the friend immediately texted back this reply:

"Who's this?"

Then my phone rang.

It was the friend with the "deceased" mom.

He was frantic!!! He asked who I was. I told him.

He then told me he had a new phone and didn't have my number in it.

Then he asked me what I was talking about since his mother is still alive!

Say WHAT!!!!!!????

Turns out, the original text mentioned a DIFFERENT friend with the same name.

Ohhhhh myyyyy godddddddddd!

I apologized profusely for mixing up the names.

I couldn't believe I goofed that up. Heck, I scared the bejesus outta the kid!

We wound up laughin' it off, thank goodness!

Next time, I had better read my texts with UNDERSTANDING!!!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment