Monday, February 19, 2018

Black Panther



So, I just returned home from seeing the hyped-within-an-inch-of-its-life Marvel film, Black Panther.

My screening was at 10 AM on this chilly, holiday (President's Day) morning. I didn't expect to encounter a line at the ticket counter, but I was wrong.


I noticed that none of the patrons at this screening were dressed up like many were over the weekend. Those folks turned their cinema experience into an event!




All over my Facebook timeline, I read person after person extol the greatness of the film. Just reading all that enthusiasm was enough to compel a cat like me, who isn't into sci-fi or fantasy fare, to take a stroll over to Laemmle NoHo 7 to see what all the hubbub's about.

All right, so now that I've seen it, all I can say is: if you're into past and present superhero/action films, you'll probably love this one, too. There was action and humor and fighting and killing and fighting and car crashes and fighting...

Did I forget fighting?

Truth be told, these kinds of films are simply not for me. But based upon its $404 million dollar, global haul in just four days, I think it's fair to say this film doesn't need me to love it.  Hell, or to even see it!

I'm glad I saw it, though. It was great seeing all those beautiful black and brown faces staring back at me on the screen. Absolutely great!

When the film's sequel drops, I'll...well...I'll...wish it well!

I might not see it, but I'll wish it well nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment