Monday, May 21, 2018

Family Talk


Two days ago, I sat in the audience and watched Steve Harvey tape Family Feud. Since the studio is a hop and a skip away from my apartment, I just walked on over. At the end of his final taping for the day, he shared some inspiring words with us. He told us that if God had told him how difficult attaining his current success would be, he would never have pursued it. He would have quit.

He said that most people just look at really successful people and think attaining their success must have come much easier than it did. From September to July, he tapes all the different shows he hosts. His day starts at 4 or 4:30 AM each morning, Monday thru Friday. He tapes his radio show first, then heads over to Universal to tape his talk show. Again: FIVE days per week! Then, on weekends, he tapes Family Feud and the other shows. The man's work ethic is on steroids! Thus, so are his BLESSINGS!


When I returned home from Family Feud, I continued working on my writing submission to the Disney | ABC Writing Program. In fact, I wrote until I went to bed, then woke up Sunday and worked on my submission until 5:30 AM THIS morning! Hearing Steve in my head, I REFUSED to go to bed UNTIL I had electronically submitted the (2) scripts and other required materials to the program. What Steve asked us was, "Think about who you know who sleeps eight hours a night every night. Is that person poor?" Steve seems to think you can't know his kind of success and spend THAT much time sleeping!

Um, he might be on to somethin'! Haaaa!

I'm proud to say that by staying awake all night and early morning, I was able to complete and submit EVERYTHING! And my submission was PRECISELY as the Disney | ABC Writing Program folks dictated!


I submitted my own, original one-hour drama spec: ...is yourself.


And my spec script for Being Mary Jane.

Now, what will be, will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment