Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Friends & Family Affair

To celebrate Memorial Day, my friend, Chris, invited me to accompany him to the house of an ol' gal he and a host of his friends have befriended--Miss Shirley!  The woman is sensational!  She and two of her daughters cooked their butts off for other family members and several of her friends.  That would be Chris and the other fellas who attended.  The food was delicious.  The people were friendly and great conversationalists.  What I kept thinking, though, was how lonely the day probably was for many who aren't in a romance or don't have blood relatives nearby.  If Chris hadn't invited me to tag along with him, I would've been one of those people sitting at home alone.  I'm so glad he's my friend.  And even happier that Miss Shirley has now become one, too.  All we need is love.  Love is all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment