Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Inevitable

I was talkin' to my friend, Larry, this morning and he sounded soooooooo happy!  And sooooooo optimistic!  He called me from his car as he was driving home from a job interview.  Just like me and sooooo many others in this world, Larry's life is in transition.  He needs money.  And, if he books this new gig, he'll have some money.  I want him to book the gig.  I know how he's hurting to earn a decent living.  I know!  As he told me about the interview, I heard him.  But I couldn't stop my inner voice from asking me, "But what about you?  When are you gonna book a gig that really pays?"  I don't know the definitive answer to that question.  All I know is that, "soon," is my gut response.  Soon.  Is soon two days from now?  Two weeks?  Two months?  I don't know.  I just know that my life---as I'm currently living it---MUST change if I'm to embrace a truer sense of happiness for myself.  Larry WILL book this gig.  Or the next one.  And he'll be fine.  My life WILL change for the BETTER.  SOON.  And I'll be fine.  Excuse me.  I'll be finER.  'Cause I'm already fine.  Change is inevitable.  As is my breaking away from the status quo of my life.  And when I do, LOOK OUT!!!!  'Cause this ol' dude is gonna blow through the rest of life like a TSUNAMI!!!!!  --- Something's gotta change.  And that "something" looks just...like...ME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment