Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Lean On Me


 Today, I went for a short walk with a dear friend.

During the walk, he told me that late last year, he was feeling a deep depression. So deep that he is now taking medicine to rid him of dark thoughts.

Thoughts of ending his depression. 

Permanently.

He also shared with me that a mutual friend is currently feeling a sense of hopelessness.

Both of them have been experiencing health issues, so they know the source of their bodily and mental anguish.

Both gentlemen are incredibly kind and compassionate human beings. 

I consider them true blessings in my life.

I wish I could grant them complete mental wellness with the wiggle of my nose like Bewitched

But I can't. 

So...

I just listened.

The isolation this pandemic has forced many of us into hasn't been a good fit for many. Me included.

I suppose what gets me through each day, without feeling immense sorrow, is the knowledge that I love and am loved in return. 

Yes, my friends are too, but I don't suspect they lean on that knowledge to affirm for them that their lives are immeasurably valuable at all times. 

Regardless of bodily aches and pains.

I wish them both well.

And I hope they know they can always talk to me when they're not feeling their best.

I'll do my damnedest to lift them up!!!

I, Charles Andrew Montgomery Jr, alias Cam Montgomery Jr, alias Beany, thank GOD and the UNIVERSE for making me---ME!

I LOVE.

And AM LOVED in return.

Therefore, I'm GOOD!

AMEN!  

No comments:

Post a Comment