Tuesday, December 11, 2012

So Let It Be Written

Last night I attended One Church International's H2:2 Writer's Workshop.  The workshop gets its name from the bible's Habakkuk 2:2.  Paraphrased, it says, "Write down the revelation and make it plain..."  And writing down MY revelation was precisely what I did.  My short film script, Silver Lining, was performed in a staged reading.  The church selected the two actors.  I was thrilled to be there just to hear the actors breathe life into my words.  There are two actors I had in mind the whole time I was writing, but I thought they couldn't be there since they aren't members of the church.  I was wrong.  Earlier today I sent an e-mail and the script to one of those actors I had in mind.  I plan to hear him and the other actor I had in mind read it aloud for me, too.

Well, three other writers were in attendance and their pieces were also performed.  An "industry" guest was there to critique our work.  Interestingly enough, when I saw who the guest was, I recognized her immediately, but she couldn't quite place who I was until I told her.  Turns out she goes to The Saban Free Clinic like I do and we're both on its advisory committee together.  She was very pleasant and incredibly frank about how she has gotten her scripts produced.  In regard to her criticism of our work, well, I don't suspect she was as brutally honest with us as she could have been.  So, I'll just say that I'll take what she said to me about my work and...well...and nothing.  She said she liked it, so I'm taking her at her word!  If she said she hated it, I'd take her at her word AND try to push off her a moving train!  Haaa!  (just joking...sorta).  :)  I'll have to submit some more work to the workshop before too long, 'cause now I've been bitten by the writing bug again and want to produce more, more, more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment