Saturday, December 29, 2012

What's Good For You...

I went to Ralphs last night in search of something to eat.  While there, I ran into my favorite employee, Jonathan!  He told me about Voskos Greek Yogurt.  An eight ounce serving has 0% milk fat, Live & Active probiotic cultures, 24g of protein, 100% all natural and free of Gluten, rBST, rBGH and GMO (whatever the heck all those acronyms are).  Sounds like a dream, right?  Well, Jonathan also told me that it tastes AWFUL!  I figured, how bad can it really be?  So, I bought five of them!  As soon as I arrived home,  I eagerly tore into one of 'em.  I doctored it up like I always do when I buy yogurt by adding nuts.  I took a quick taste, and thought, oh, my goodness, Jonathan was right!  Even with the addition of nuts, the yogurt didn't have much flavor.  So, I added cayenne pepper, olive oil and a little garlic pepper salt.  The taste still wasn't to my liking, but I ate it anyway 'cause I don't believe in wasting food and/or money!

I have three more servings of the yogurt left, because, as I type, I'm eating another serving.  This time, I omitted the olive oil and garlic pepper salt.  I just added nuts and cayenne pepper.  No, this new concoction isn't destined to win any taste tests anytime soon, but it's hella healthy.  Voskos yogurt simply confirms an age old belief:

"Just 'cause it's good FOR you DON'T mean it tastes good TO you!"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment