Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Reason For The Season

Well, well, well, we have finally arrived at Christmas Day.  And boy, oh boy, do I have verrrrrrrrry fond memories of awakening with immeasurable anticipation to my gifts/toys waiting under the tree!!!  Ahhh, The Montgomerys might not have had much money back then, but I never knew it on Christmas Day.  My mother must've maxed out her credit cards to buy those gifts.  But do you think my siblings and I cared?  Heck no!  We just wanted our Barbies and Big Jim and Big Josh and Big Jake and Tonka trucks and Slinkies, etc.

This morning, I remained in bed until noon or so; just using my smartphone to post onto Facebook and respond to e-mails.  Gotta love smartphones.  Since I don't have children I've never really re-lived that rabid excitement about Christmas morning.  They've just been low key affairs for me.  But you know what?  I kinda miss that anticipation.  I miss it on Christmas and in my everyday life.  Just seems to me that life must be soooo much more fulfilling when you're excited about what the day holds.  2013 I'm reclaiming that excitement, dang it!  I'm 49 yrs old.  Not sure if I have another 49 on the other side, so I think the time for living with rabid excitement is N-O-W!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment