Sunday, November 25, 2012

I Am Anointed

Today's church sermon was about living in your anointing.  Pastor Touré said that we can be good at many things but won't be great at anything until we pursue that which God has anointed.  My anointing may not have been in talent management; thus, I was good at it, but not great.  My anointing may rest in public speaking.  I seem to be damn excellent at moderating film festivals.  Or maybe it's writing creatively.  Although none of my screenplays have been produced, they still move me in ways nothing else seems to.  Perhaps it's time to have a staged reading of one of my pieces to see how it works out loud.  Yeah, that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.  To hear real people bring the words to life would make a world of difference.

After leaving church today, my thought was solely to walk into my anointing and exploit it as much as I can.  'Cause, truth be told, a part of me is getting a little nervous that if I don't embrace some kind of professional fulfillment soon, I'm gonna miss the boat.  But when I think about my film festival moderating gig, I realize I must really love it, 'cause I commit to multiple days of the work at eight-hr shifts.  For FREE!  All volunteer.  And, for the most part, if we're not interns, we only do for free what we love doing.  SAG and film companies haven't yet hired or simply called me to moderate the big films during awards season, but they will as soon as they know I'm here.  And that my work as a Q&A moderator is anointed.  So let it be written.  So let it be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment