Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Inventing David Geffen, You Say?



I just watched a terrific documentary on the life of mogul, DAVID GEFFEN.  I've posted it below.  When I think of him, I think of a man who has achieved incredible, professional success, but seemingly no real, deeply penetrating romantic affection.  No pun intended, thank you very much.  I don't know him personally, so that's why I say, seemingly.  Anyway, I've been in the same room with the man on several occasions.  Always during a catering gig, of course.  I've even worked a bartending gig at his palatial estate once.  Four years ago.  It was a celebration of his boyfriend's 25th birthday.  They've since broken up.  At the time, though, David was 65.  Curiosity got the best of me that day, so I asked one of the many, beautiful, young guys at the party how he came about his invitation to the soiree.  He told me that it was in fact he who, at one point, had dated David and eventually introduced him to the 25-yr-old, birthday boy.  He told me that the age difference was just too much for him.  All I thought was, wow!

Now that David has stepped away from Dreamworks and the music business, I hope & pray he's enjoying his remaining moments on this planet, living and loving as mankind was created to do.  God bless him.


Watch Inventing David Geffen on PBS. See more from American Masters.

No comments:

Post a Comment