Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Act Two


In my humble opinion, the writer in me believes that our lives are composed of THREE acts.

Birth to 30 years old is ACT ONE.

30 to 60 is ACT TWO.

60 until death is ACT THREE.

I'm 54. That means, ACT TWO.

Heck, truth be told, 54 means I'm bringing up the rear of ACT TWO.

Before I know it, God willing, I'll be rolling over into ACT THREE.

It's highly likely that I won't see another 54 years ahead of me.

So, that means I've already lived over HALF my lifetime.

How do I think my life has measured up thus far?

Well, I don't think I've ever embraced professional fulfillment.

Yes, I've had jobs I liked. But none of them really paid anything. And the few showbiz gigs that did pay something were only fleeting. A day or two at the most.

So, I'm convinced that my relationships with people and animals will have to determine the quality of my life, because professional achievements might not cut the mustard.


Today, I sat in the park and talked to a terrific, young actor named, LISTON SPENCE. He moved here to L.A. from Virginia, but later this week, he's making another move to Atlanta. While talking, we discussed my theory on life being broken up into three acts. He's 32, so he's in the beginning stage of ACT TWO.

Liston and I talked about a wide range of subjects: his mother, his brother living with Downs Syndrome, depression, etc. Just like many of us, he isn't living his best life yet. But he's willing to work toward achieving that goal. And I hope and pray he keeps on the straight and narrow path that leads to it. He possesses a compassionate soul, so I wish him the very best!!!!!!!!!!

ACT THREE is around the corner for me. It's up to ME to make it better than the previous, two acts. And you know what? I'm gonna do just that!

Yep! I sure am!

No comments:

Post a Comment