Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Madelyn "Maddie" Ellen Linsenmeir, 1988-2018


While scrolling down my Facebook timeline, I stumbled across an obituary that truly stopped me in my tracks! I mean, its unapologetic honesty rendered me speechless. In total awe.

I get the distinct impression that 99.9% of obituaries are written to showcase the decedent as dang near angelic. Free of troubles and strife. All love and light.

Well, this young lady's obituary described her precisely as she was: a loving mother, daughter, sister, cousin, friend---and addict.

Her obituary illustrates that people are what we are: flawed.

We can be loving and caring and nurturing and hurting.

All at the exact, same time.

I could paraphrase the obituary to illustrate its power, but no need to do that when you can read it HERE!

God bless Maddie's family. Particularly her young son.

God bless those who are either addicts themselves, or love someone who is.

Maddie's obituary speaks to all the above.

Lastly, may her soul rest now in eternal peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment