Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Loose Lips Sink Ships

A month or so ago I read this story about a barely literate, black man who had won a huge lottery in FL to the tune of 17 million dollars!  Almost immediately he was besieged by numerous requests for loans!  A white chick got his attention by telling him she wanted to write a book about his life.  He trusted her.  And for the past month, he's been missing.  Police have discovered that the chick mysteriously had enough money to buy the guy's million dollar house for less than $700,000 and that she moved $2 million dollars from his account into hers.  Well, lo & behold, the dude's DEAD body was just found buried in HER backyard!  This whole thing is gettin' more and more ugly.  The only thing that keeps runnin' through my mind, though, is somethin' my mother used to say over and over again: "Loose lips sink ships."  Meaning:  if there was some way Mr. Lottery Winner could've won his money and told NOBODY, all would've been well in his world.  I know when I win the Mega Millions soon --and yes, I know I will-- I'm keepin' mum for at least a YEAR before ANYBODY is the wiser!  By then, I will have concocted some cockamamie story about having sold a screenplay or two!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment