Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Oil Slick


For years, I've noticed that I have oily facial skin. I mean, my face is oftentimes as shiny as a new penny. And when my head is freshly shaved, it glows!!!


Well, I won't fret about my oily skin because I just read some truths about such skin, and I don't mind 'em one bit. 

The Avalon School of Cosmetology's website explained the advantages and disadvantages of oily skin, and the advantages sound so good to me, I think I'll embrace my oily skin with gratitude! :)

Advantages of Oily Skin

Stays moisturized and soft: Oil is a form of moisture so having oily skin will keep it naturally moisturized and, in result, also make it softer. This saves you the time and money you spend on moisturizers since you don’t have to use as much.
Tans easier: People who have oily skin tend to tan easier and more evenly due to the extra level of moisture that the oil gives. Tanning is bad for your skin regardless as it dries out the skin with cancer-causing UV rays but having that layer of oil protects your skin more than normal or dry skin. This doesn’t mean that you don’t have to use sunscreen because UV rays will still reach your skin and can cause significant skin damage, premature aging and skin cancer.
Slows down the aging process: The moisture that oily skin produces slows down the aging process. Also, oily skin reduces the appearance of fine lines so you do not have to spend as much money on anti-aging creams, products, or treatments.
Protects against the environment: The oil acts as a barrier against air pollution, wind, and sun. It doesn’t entirely block out these environmental conditions but the shield of oil sure does help.

Disadvantages of Oily Skin

Clogs pores: The biggest disadvantage of oily skin is that it can clog pores which often results in acne.
Makes your face look shiny: Some say that oil gives skin a beautiful natural glow but it often goes beyond the “glow” and is just straight up shiny and greasy. Several women with oily skin cannot go a full day (or even a half day) without wanting to wash off all the makeup and start over because the oil buildup and excess shine.
Can’t skip a wash: Those who have dry skin can forget to wash their face from time to time but, with oily skin, it is important to wash your face every day because the oil buildup along with all of the makeup and dirt will clog up your pores and very possibly cause a breakout.

No comments:

Post a Comment