Thursday, May 16, 2019

Humans Of The World


For the past few years, I've been madly in love with the Humans Of New York page on Facebook.

Brandon Stanton

The creator of the page, Brandon Stanton, now travels around the world to photograph and interview random people precisely as he does in New York.

The candid interviews are oftentimes uplifting, sometimes heartbreaking and everything in between.


This grandpa's interview truly moved me because of his no-holds-barred honesty. At 96, he's ready to go home to Glory. Wow! That's one helluva admission, particularly since we live in a world in which most folks think being alive has to be better than not being so.

I hope to live as long as I can consciously love and be loved in return. If that's 96, fine. If it's 66, that's fine, too. I just wanna always be able to mentally know what's what, and to physically be able to carry out whatever task I desire to undertake. Is that asking for too much?

This gentleman's testimony affirms everything I think about growing old:

It ain't for the faint of heart.

It takes true grit and humility to endure it.

God bless him.

God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment