Sunday, June 2, 2019

Deb & Ellie



In 1990, shortly after my eldest sister celebrated her 40th birthday,

She passed.

She succumbed to breast cancer.

I was living in Jersey City, NJ at the time. She was in Indianapolis. For whatever reason, I didn't return home for her birthday celebration. I returned before she passed, thank goodness, but not for her birthday celebration.

I regret that.


I just stumbled upon this video about a woman named Ellie who also had breast cancer.

And also celebrated her 40th birthday...

Then passed.

The entire time I watched the video, I thought of my sister.

In the immortal words of Ellie: "Be HAPPY. Be KIND. Be JOYFUL. Because this may be your last day."

I intend to continue doing ALL those things.

For the Universe.

For Ellie.

For Me.

And for my beloved and immeasurably missed sister DEB.

May their beautiful souls rest in eternal peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment