Saturday, August 10, 2019

Conversations With CAM

"Conversations With CAM"

Last Wednesday, I attended a terrific Q&A with Jimmy Kimmel and Norman Lear, moderated by Anthony Anderson.

I have to admit, throughout the entire Q&A, I imagined moderating the event my dang self! Anthony was fine, but CAM Jr would have chatted up Jimmy and Mr. Lear like we were old pals.

Jamie Foxx and Wanda Sykes - The Jeffersons

Woody Harrelson and Marisa Tomei - All In The Family

Jimmy and Mr. Lear talked about producing the live, staged performances of Mr. Lear's The Jeffersons and All In The Family.

I haven't seen the broadcast yet, but I'm gonna watch it as soon as I finish this post!

After the Q&A, guests were treated to a fabulous poolside barbeque. The sumptuous buffets and open bars made us guests feel like a million bucks!

Gorgeous synchronized swimmers came out and performed a beautiful routine in the sparkling blue pool. I'd post a video clip of their performance, but I don't have music clearances for the songs used, so my word will have to do!

The first image on this post is a photo op guests were allowed. I jumped at the chance to sit at that desk as if I was hosting my own show. I've fantasized about my own talk show for decades. And, yes, the name of it would be CONVERSATIONS WITH CAM. And my guests and I would simply talk about any and everything.

Being at this event lit a fire under my butt to work on a tv idea I've been kicking around in my head of late. This morning, I awakened and wrote character breakdowns for my main characters. I'll flesh out my pilot episode before too long.

Yes, I'm 55 years blessed, but I'm still not too old to become the PROFESSIONALLY FULFILLED man I was born to be!

So, I'll keep on keepin' on.

And what will be, will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment