Friday, August 23, 2019

With Friends Like This...


Yesterday, I went to the Don LaFontaine Voice-Over Lab to record an audition. While there, I also played around with a couple of other impromptu recordings.


I actually came up with the copy for that recording right on the spot. I wanted to record something provocative for consideration for my voice reel.

Based upon the responses to the recording on my IG and Facebook pages, I'd say it is indeed provocative. I even received a message from a woman who inquired where I got the copy from. I told her I wrote it myself, then she told me her ex-husband spoke those exact words to her during their marriage. She thought for sure I had gotten the copy from a film or something, because he always cut her down by quoting from films and books. Wow!

You can never know how your art will affect others.

I told the woman I wish her the very best. Especially since I actually know her ex-husband. Or, should I say, THOUGHT I knew him.

I'm gonna keep doing this voice-over thing until it makes me a multi-multi-millionaire! Haaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment