Wednesday, July 31, 2019

The Friend From Tel Aviv


I've been on a kick lately, surfing YouTube for a few hours at a time, watching all the LGBTQ-themed short films that pop up. Yesterday, I stumbled across one that truly blew me away.

The Friend From Tel Aviv.

Wow! By the end of the film, I thought, now THAT'S how you write and produce a short film.

If the viewer pays attention, the narrative unfolds like a soft, warm bath towel, just pulled from the dryer. I mean, truly, this little film has so much going for it:

The PROVOCATIVE STORY!

The REALISTIC PERFORMANCES!

The "I WONDER WHAT HAPPENS NEXT" appeal.

I cared about all the main characters. And that's no easy feat in screenwriting.

I'll say no more.  Simply see the film below for yourself.

And remember, Love is Love.

The Friend From Tel Aviv
Director: Federica Gianni
Writers: Federica Gianni, Nitzan Krimsky
Starring: Yuval Boim, Karen Giordano, Nitzan Krimsky

No comments:

Post a Comment